If you’ve ever been a part of the decision-making process for purchasing software for your team, then you know, it is imperative that you do your due diligence before signing on the dotted line. In order to feel confident about your buying decision you might do many things to vet the solution including testing out a free trial, speaking to references, looking at comparison reports and last but not least looking at multiple customer reviews.
But why should your company care about software review sites?
Here’s some reasons why B2B software companies should put a dedicated effort into getting customers to provide their feedback via review sites. (Hint: they help generate revenue.)
- Build awareness and trust– By nature third party review sites are automatically more credible than just taking a sales rep’s word for it, that your product/service will bring the value your customers need. Having customer reviews for your prospective customers to read will help you come across as a more trusted brand.
- Discover more buyers– You need to make your presence in the marketplace known to drive demand. Having a profile on customer review sites will allow potential customers to find you as a solution they might be looking for and will help expand your addressable market.
- Drive more pipeline– B2B software review sites can help with your lead generation efforts. After a prospect becomes aware of you as a potential solution, you can then work on converting those leads with demonstrated buyer intent into opportunities for your Sales team to work.
- Close more sales– Vetted customer reviews help provide the social proof that potential buyers are looking for when they are in the final decision-making phases of a deal. Being able to help arm your Sales team with positive customer testimonials, is pure gold.
Why should you care about driving more reviews now?
- Due to COVID, field Sales meetings and in-person conference exhibit halls are no longer taking place, that means that 100% of software buying is all being done online, and why software review sites have seen an uptick in traffic over the last year.
- With the evolution to SaaS over the last decade, there is an increased focus on the customer, and encouraging your customers to provide their feedback on review sites can/should be a part of your Voice of the Customer (VOC) programs.
- With the emergence of Customer Success as a dedicated department, customer reviews and their rankings can help prove the team’s value by tracking NPS and customer satisfaction scores.
Still want more proof customer review sites should be a top priority for B2B software companies?
- Buyers are typically 57% the way to a decision before engaging with vendors. – TrustRadius
- 45% of buyers use reviews during their purchase process. Less than half that number (21%) use analyst rankings and reports. – TrustRadius
- 48% of tech buyers report that word of mouth from peers frequently changes their business priorities. – G2
- 85% of tech buyers read up to 10 online reviews before making a purchase. -G2
What are the top three B2B software review sites to care about?
- G2 – G2 is the world’s leading B2B software and services review platform. Until recently, selecting business software or services was difficult, risky and inherently biased. G2’s real, verified user reviews help you objectively assess what’s best for your business.
- TrustRadius – TrustRadius is the most trusted review site for business technology, serving both buyers and vendors. They help buyers make better product decisions based on unbiased and insightful reviews. Unlike software directories, TrustRadius optimizes for content quality and data integrity. Their reviews average more than 400 words, nearly four times the industry average. Every reviewer on TrustRadius is authenticated and every review vetted by their Research Team before publication.
- Capterra – Capterra was the first business software site to offer user reviews and they believe that software makes the world a better place. That is why they love connecting buyers and sellers of business software. Their website shows companies all their options and they provide free advice and guidance to help buyers make the right decision.
Take a look at ChurnZero’s profiles on these review sites to see why our customers rate us so highly and also get some ideas of how your team can also leverage these software review sites.
Customer Success Around the Web
- The Customer Success Opportunity Pipeline– Learn these best practices for managing an opportunity pipeline as a Customer Success leader.
- 5 Critical Elements of a Rock-Solid Customer Success Plan– Discover five elements to a strong Customer Success Plan (CSP).
- Teamwork Makes the (Customer Success) Dream Work– Find out how to encourage a strong collaborative environment where everyone is focused on teamwork.
Fighting Churn is a newsletter of inspiration, ideas and news on customer success, churn, renewal and other stuff and is curated by ChurnZero