Health Scores and Automation Increase Team Productivity – A Success Story
Untappd is a growing technology platform that allows consumers to ‘check in’ and share which beers they are currently enjoying. Besides creating a tight-knit community of beer enthusiasts, Untappd’s mobile application allows for tens of thousands of businesses to promote and publish their beverage menus. By bringing together enthusiasts and businesses, Untappd is advancing the global beverage industry while helping users discover their next great beer.
Untappd’s fast–growing CS team struggled to keep up with their increasing userbase. With rapid gains in both user and business accounts, the company sought a dedicated tool that would provide insights into customer health and automate existing processes.
Untappd’s Challenges included:
- No centralized ‘home-base’ for their CS team to work out of. It was a struggle to keep up with customer data, account history and overall satisfaction. A lack of a centralized workspace increased the chances that client tasks could slip through the cracks.
- There was little guidance and automation when it came to renewal management. The team had no assurance that the right customers were receiving the right messaging at the right times. In some ways outreach felt more reactive than proactive.
- A lack of task management and easily accessible health scores prevented the team from fully harnessing their data. Furthermore, questions surrounded how to best utilize existing customer data when creating health scores.
Meeting Untappd’s Goals
Untappd took several steps to increase their productivity and keep up with a growing customer base:
- Harness Data-Driven Insights – A centralized CS platform allows the team to access in-depth data about their customers and their product usage. Easily available data paired with tools like NPS, allow for tailored engagement. Untappd is now ensured that every customer interaction counts.
- Standardize Customer Health Scores – The team worked to identify the metrics that most accurately scored their customer’s health. Properly weighted health indicators ensure that the team stays up to date on churn risks. Best of all this data is available at a glance – via real time Alerts, the Command Center and even Slack.
- Increase Productivity Through Automation – Automation has enabled the team to proactively engage with customers and reduce their manual day-to-day tasks. Besides cutting out time intensive tasks, the team is now assured that their customers are being targeted with timely and relevant messaging.
- Map Their Customer’s Journey – The team can now track account progress in real time, by mapping their customer’s journey. From onboarding through renewal, the team is now equipped to take a more proactive approach to account management.
In less than a year the Untappd team has realized considerable gains. Their adoption of a dedicated Customer Success platform created unparalleled customer visibility and a way to add efficiency to their CS function.
- More robust Customer Segmenting and Health Scoring has allowed the team to prioritize their communications. Powerful segmentation allowed for retention rates to increase, usage trends to be identified and service gaps closed.
- Automation and Task Management have enabled Customer Success Managers to be more efficient during customer renewal cycles. Despite differing renewal cycles and contract terms, automation and task management ensures that the team doesn’t skip a beat.
- Untappd’s CSMs have found a home in their new workplace – The Command Center. Its centralized dashboard provides an easy way to track new client progress in real time and stay up to date with the latest account developments.
- Since implementation the team has increased their accounts managed to 15K+ SMBs. Despite their rapid growth, the CS team is still equipped to deliver a seamless customer experience.
Don’t just take it from us – whether your CS team is new or well-established, consider the gains that a Customer Success platform can provide for your organization
Curious to learn more about how Untappd transformed their CS team with a dedicated customer success platform? Read the complete case study here.