Job Opening: Sales Engineer
Our fast-growing startup is looking for a skilled, self-motivated problem solver to join our team as a Sales Engineer. As a Sales Engineer, you are the technical expert during the sales process. You will work closely with the Account Executives to understand customer needs and articulate the unique value of proposed solution. Candidates will be natural customer problem solvers and be the voice of reason during the sales process.
Join the team that proudly supports the highest ranked Customer Success platform on G2 Crowd, Capterra and Trust Radius – and be an important part to our continued success!
Primary responsibilities and day-to-day
- Provide pre-sales support to Sales team, partners and prospective customers.
- Create and deliver powerful situational product demonstrations validating how product solves specific prospect problems and demonstrating uniqueness of value proposition.
- Operate as a subject matter expert in customer success.
- Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect inquiries, including RFPs, RFIs, InfoSec questionnaires and initial solution discussions.
- Enable Sales team with training programs and tools.
- Build and maintain demonstration environments.
- Create and update product demonstration scripts.
- Assist product development in testing new products.
- Successfully match customer pain and functional requirements to proposed solutions.
- Effectively document and communicate client needs to the Product team for future product enhancements.
- Collect and document competitive intelligence.
Must-have skills and experience
- 2+ years relevant experience in SaaS, B2B in a Sales Engineering position, or related role with proven technical skills
- SaaS/Cloud experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple business functions; you will need to be able to work with marketing and product to help nail messaging and further develop our own product
- Demonstrated ability to engage with Director, VP or C level customers
- BA or BS degree
Working at ChurnZero
We are at the beautiful 1776 co-work offices in Arlington, VA. Lunch is served here every day, and you will have the essential startup experience. We are building the DC metro’s next great company.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org